Traffic Mitigations and Improvements
To mitigate potential traffic impacts and help fund improvements along Ralston Avenue CSUS will fund:
- The installation of a traffic signal at the South Road/Ralston Avenue intersection.
- Several traffic and pedestrian safety improvements to the Davis Drive/Ralston Avenue intersection. (See Traffic Mitigations and Improvements section for more details.)
- The installation of a speed feedback sign for eastbound traffic on Ralston Avenue between the Ralston Middle School exit and Davis Drive.
CSUS will make recreational facilities available for community use, through a joint-use agreement with the Belmont Parks & Recreation Department.Soccer Field:
The regulation, all-weather soccer field will be available on Saturdays year-round (except when in use for limited special events or maintenance/repairs) and for three weeks during the CSUS summer break.
The proposed future swimming facility will be available for up to 20 days during the CSUS summer break, at non-peak traffic hours.
Noise Control Measures
To minimize noise levels within the Belmont community, CSUS will:
- Completely enclose the proposed swimming pool and pool equipment within a building, thereby eliminating any potential noise from swim meets;
- Require the use of low-decibel, higher frequency whistles for all outdoor activities; and
- Require that all field use be subject to noise and time restrictions identified in the Conditional Use Permit and Joint-Use Agreement with Belmont Parks and Recreation Department.
To assure that construction activities specifically benefit Belmont, CSUS will:
- Require that its contractor and subcontractors cooperate with the City to have construction sales taxes booked in the City to the extent permitted by State law.
- Use union signatories for construction work.